Our extensive facilities allow us to give your pet the treatment they need, whatever that may be
If your pet ever requires further tests or investigations, you can rest assured that we have the range of equipment and facilities available to assess and diagnose them quickly and accurately.
Our facilities include:
- A Fully-Equipped Operating Theatre – We are able to carry out soft tissue, abdominal and orthopaedic procedures in practice, with no need for transfer elsewhere.
- In-Practice Blood Analysis – If we ever need to take blood samples or run extra tests on your pet, we can usually have the results in a matter of minutes.
- Nebulisers – These can be used to administer medication in the form of a vapour to your pet, so that it can be inhaled rather than injected.
- Cryosurgery – If your pet has a tumour or other area of abnormal tissue, we can use extreme cold produced by liquid nitrogen to destroy it effectively without the need for surgery.
- A Digital X-Ray Machine – If we suspect your pet has broken a bone, we can find out almost immediately and give them the appropriate care until it has healed.
- Ultrasound Facilities – We often use ultrasound machines to help determine a problem that may not be easily seen on the surface, which means a faster diagnosis for your pet.
- Endoscopy – This allows us to investigate respiratory and alimentary ailments, and other related conditions.
Should your pet require surgery, they may undergo pre-operative blood testing to determine the type and dose of anaesthetic to be used. Throughout their surgery, they will be closely monitored to ensure their safety at all times. You are encouraged to stay with your pet until they are anaesthetised to reassure them and relieve any anxiety they might be feeling prior to their operation. If you would like to stay with your pet them please tell a member of staff at the time of booking.
Following their procedure, your pet will be housed in comfort on our ward and will be closely observed by our staff to make sure they are recovering well. Once we are happy that they are stable and comfortable, you will be able to take them back home with you. We stock a full range of pain medication and are able to prescribe the appropriate treatment for you to administer at home where necessary.